The MSKT (MASH-compliant Sequential Kinking Terminal) is an energy-absorbing tangent terminal that is MASH TL-3 compliant. During head-on impacts, the MSKT head slides over the W-beam guardrail. The rail is sequentially kinked as it moves through the impact head. The kinked guardrail exits the head and the vehicle is brought to a controlled stop.
Features & Benefits:
- MASH TL-3 and TL-2 compliant
- Allowable rail heights of 30″ to 32″
- Length of Need point at post #3 (12′ 6″ downstream)
- All posts spaced at 6′ 3″ centers
- Designers have the same footprint to work with as the NCHRP 350 SKT
- Contractors have ease of installation to work with